Copper Nickel (also known as cupronickel) alloys is a compound of copper that contains nickel and reinforcing components, for example, iron and manganese. The copper content commonly varies from 60 to 90 percent. Copper Nickel 70/30 consists of 70% copper and 30% nickel, to which is included manganese and iron. 90/10 copper nickel properties is that it contains 90% copper and 10% nickel. Copper Nickel 90/10 has excellent antimicrobial properties which makes it a popular grade for marine and industrial applications.
Some of the most important copper nickel alloy properties are inclusive of good tensile strength, excellent thermal conductivity, inherent resistance to macrofouling, resistance to corrosion and superb ductility. Copper-nickel alloy are one of the most utilized combinations for different applications in view of their great protection from seawater consumption, viable at macrofouling levels bringing down and brilliant texture capacity. They additionally in light of high durability, antimicrobial properties and appearance have become right for different purposes. Kalpataru piping solutions are the reliable manufacturers, suppliers and stockists of the qualitative range of Copper-nickel products.
Copper Nickel specifications :
Grades: UNS C70600 – UNS C70620 – UNS C7060X – UNS C71500 – UNS C71520 – UNS C71640.
Types: Seamless / ERW / Welded / EFW / Fabricated / CDW.
End: Plain End, Beveled End, Treaded.
Form: Round Pipe/Tubes, Plates/Sheets, Round Bars/Wires, Fasteners, Flanges, Pipe Bends, Forged Fitting, Buttweld Fitting etc.
Application: Power Steering Tube, Brake Lines,Screw Lamp Bases, Condenser Plates, Condensers, Weld Torch Tips, Heat Exchanger Tubes, Salt Water Pipe Fittings, Boat Hulls, Hot Water Tanks, Salt Water Baffles, Water Hoses.
Some Copper Nickel Products are listed below –
- Copper Nickel Round Bars: Cupro Nickel Round Bar are utilized in power steering tube distiller tubes, brake lines, condenser plates, pressure vessels. In light of their one of a kind properties, Copper Nickel round bars are determined for marine designing applications, for example, in shipbuilding and fix, desalination plants, seaward oil and gas structures and power generation.
- Copper Nickel Pipes & Tubes: The Copper Nickel pipes and tubes are used commonly in the seawater piping because of full resistance to barnacles and marine organisms. Cupro Nickel Pipes applications are tubing for vehicles, seawater intakes, gas pipelines, power generation etc.
- Copper Nickel Flanges: Copper Nickel flanges offer sturdy construction, high tensile strength, accurate dimensions, excellent resistance to stress, improve hardening, corrosion resistance, weldability, strength, and castability, excellent fabrication and welding properties. Cupro Nickel Flanges includes valves, pump components, fittings, flanges and various other marine hardware components.
- Copper Nickel Plates & Sheets: Copper Nickel Plates & Sheets has unique useful properties such as marine engineering application, shipbuilding & repair, desalination plants, offshore oil & gas structures & power generation. Cupro Nickel Plates & Sheets are widely used in various application industries such as Cement industry, Power Industry, Petrochemicals Plants, Oil Refineries, Fertilizers Plants, Sugar Mills, Chemical Plants, Pharmaceuticals etc.
- Copper Nickel Forged Fitting: Copper Nickel Forged Fittings are specially used in Condensers & Heat Exchangers. Cupro Nickel Forged Fitting consists of important additions of Iron & Manganese which are necessary to maintain good corrosion resistance. Typical applications of Cupro Nickel Forged Threaded Fitting include tubes & tubes-plates for light-duty condensers, feed water heaters and evaporators, power stations & multi – core cabled tubes for hydraulic and pneumatic lines.
- Copper Nickel Fasteners: Copper Nickel Alloy Fasteners are broadly utilized for marine applications because of their amazing protection from seawater consumption, low macro fouling rates, and great fabricability. These Copper Nickel Fasteners are utilized for Marine application and are important for every single Industrial field. Cupro nickel is used in fasteners that require a high degree. of electrical & thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance. lt is non-magnetic and cannot be hardened ether than by cold working.
Another basic use of copper nickel is silver-shaded coins. For this utilization, the alloy has 3:1 copper to nickel proportion, with a small amount of manganese. Previously, true silver coins were debased with copper nickel. The fruitful use of cupronickel in coinage is because of its erosion obstruction, electrical conductivity, low sensitivity hazard, simplicity of stepping, antimicrobial properties and recyclability.
Copper and nickel are adjacent to each other in the occasional arrangement of components, with atomic numbers 29 and 28 and atomic weights 63.54 and 68.71.The two components are firmly related and are totally miscible in both the fluid and strong state. Cu-Ni compounds are composites of copper (base metal with the biggest individual substance) and nickel with or without different components, whereby the zinc substance may not be over 1%. Cupro Nickel is utilized in cryogenic applications. Its blend of good flexibility maintenance and warm conductivity at exceptionally low temperatures is favorable for low-temperature handling and capacity hardware just as for heat exchangers at cryogenic plants.